Here is part two of our "Travel with Cloth" series. If you missed my post on every day outings, feel free to check it out here.
Today, I want to talk about vacation! We've vacationed with cloth from the start, and it's not hard to do. It's basically a bigger version of "out and about," right?
1) Packing: To be honest, we always found it simplest to take along an extra (small) suitcase, full of clean diapers and cloth wipes. Another option would be a hanging wet/dry bag, which has a section for clean diapers.
2) Storage: You'll probably still want a medium wet bag to keep in your diaper (or beach) bag. Same goes for wipes on-the-go (see this post for more info). While you're in your hotel (cabin, beach house, etc.), a hanging wet bag (or wet/dry bag) will work great. Who wants to bring a diaper pail and liner on vacation?!
3) Laundry: Here at MSDC, we sell convenient sample sizes of your favorite detergent. These do a couple loads each and are perfect for travel!
4) Make it convenient: Just like with out and about, disposable/flushable liners could be a big help. OR you could use Flip's disposable inserts inside any cover.
5) Swimming: I know it's hard to think about now (at least here in Lancaster! Brrrr!), but water is usually a big part of any vacation! Our Bummis swim diapers are completely washable and reusable. Can't beat that!
What are YOUR tips for vacationing with cloth???